For residents and fellows who rotate to an Ochsner facility through an affiliated or jointly sponsored program, please find facility location and contact information below.
Orientation location for rotations at OMC-Jefferson
Highway, Ochsner-Baptist, Ochsner-Elmwood and
Ochsner satellite clinics in New Orleans area
Academic Center 1st Floor
1401 Jefferson Hwy. – North Campus
New Orleans, LA 70121
(504) 842-4937 direct
180 W. Esplanade Avenue
Kenner, LA 70065
Medical Staff Office – MOB
6th floor, Suite 602
2500 Belle Chasse Highway
Gretna, LA 70056
Medical Staff Services
17000 Medical Center Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Medical Staff Office – 1st Floor
1000 Ochsner Boulevard
Covington, LA 70433
directed by your program coordinator.
Elective Rotation Requests
For residents and fellows seeking an elective rotation at Ochsner and are not in an affiliated program, please note the following before submitting a request for an elective application to Amber Lundsgaard-Nikolic, GME Administration.
- Electives are possible during the months September through April.
- The applicant is expected to provide the name of the physician who has agreed to supervise the elective rotation.
- All required documentation must be submitted with the elective application.
- Louisiana full unrestricted medical license or temporary permit from the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) is required. If your program is outside the state of Louisiana and you do not currently have a Louisiana medical license or short-term permit, note that only the following Ochsner programs are possible:
- Colon/Rectal Surgery
- Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Orthopedic Surgery
Please contact Amber Lundsgaard-Nikolic at firstname.lastname@example.org for an elective application at least 60 days prior to the anticipated start date. The completed application must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the start date. You will be notified if the application has been approved or not.