Access to Ochsner Medical Library outside of staffed hours is available with an active Ochsner ID badge. After hours privileges to our facility on the Jefferson Highway campus is between 5:00 PM and 7:30 AM.
All requests for after hours access accept the following User Agreement:
- After hours access is primarily for research, continuing education, and exam preparation.
- An Ochsner ID badge must be worn at all times.
- Medical Library facilities are monitored 24 hours a day by surveillance cameras.
- Books and other materials cannot be checked out after-hours.
- Inappropriate Internet use may result in employee dismissal. (Policy OHS.IS.017)
- Suspicious behavior by other patrons should be reported to Ochsner Security.
- After hours access automatically ends December 31st and must be renewed for next year.
To apply for after hours access, complete the information below. Please provide the ID number found next to the barcode on the back of your Ochsner badge. You will receive an email when your access is active. Please allow 2 business day for activation.