Mobile and Remote Access
Off-site and mobile device access to our subscribed web-based resources is available for current Ochsner faculty, staff, students, and employees using the following applications.
EZproxy is our authentication application for remote (off-site) access to subscribed electronic resources in our collection. Using this proxy server identifies you as Ochsner staff to our online publishers to provide full-text journal and e-book access.
- To get started, click on the link below for the preferred resource available from the Medical Library.
- Enter the exact title and spelling of the journal or eBook. For articles, change the “Identifier” to PMID and enter the PubMed ID from the abstract. Then click search.
- For journals, click on the journal link next to “Full Text Available”
- For e-books, click on the link that reads “View Full Text”
- For articles, click on the link that reads “View Full Text”
- You will be prompted to log in to the proxy server. Enter your Ochsner/Epic user name (format is essential—it will either be your employee number or your first initial last name or begin with v-) and password. After logging in, you will be connected to the full text for the resource.
Please note: Access to subscribed electronic resources is only available to Ochsner faculty, staff, and employees due to publisher licensing and copyright agreements.
Use the AccessMed app for mobile access to McGraw-Hill clinical practice resources subscribed to by Ochsner Medical Library.
- Create a free MyAccess account
- Download the free AccessMed app to your iOS device or Andriod device
- Login in to the AccessMed app using your MyAccess credentials
For continued access to the app, you will need to login to your MyAccess account when on campus at least once every 90 days.
Use the Audible app to access the audiobooks available from Ochsner Medical Library.
- Request a Medical Library book account even if you have an existing Audible account
- Activate your Ochsner Audibleaccount by email
- Download the free Audible app to your iOS device or Android device and login
Refer to our Ochsner Audiobook Guide for detailed set-up instructions on using Audible with your personal mobile device.
Use the BrowZine app for mobile access to thousands of full-text articles from journals in the Ochsner Medical Library collection.
- Download the free BrowZine app to your iOS deviceor Android device
- Open the BrowZine app and using search, locate, then select “Ochsner Medical Library”
- Enter your Ochsner/Epic username and password
Be sure to register a personal account to get notifications, save articles, and create a bookshelf with just your frequently accessed journals.
Use the ClincalKey app for mobile access to Elsevier resources subscribed to by Ochsner Medical Library including journals, eBooks, and procedural videos.
- Register for a free ClinicalKey account
- Download the free ClinicalKey app to your iOS device or Android device
- Login to the ClinicalKey app using your new ClinicalKey username and password
Access for ClinicalKey is granted for 180 days. Login to your personal account when on campus to confirm and renew access.
Read by QxMD App
Use the Read by QxMD app to keep up with the latest new research and access full text available from Ochsner Medical Library.