Off-site and mobile device access to web-based resources is available for current Ochsner faculty, students, staff, and employees using the following methods.
BrowZine is an app for personal mobile devices to access journals from the Ochsner Medical Library. Use BrowZine for off-site and on-site mobile access to full-text articles from journals in our collection.
- Download the free BrowZine app to your iOS device or Android device.
- Open the BrowZine app and using search, locate, then select “Ochsner Medical Library.”
- Enter your Ochsner/Epic username and password.
This will “pair” your device with our journal subscription for access to full-text articles. You may also want to register a personal account to get notifications, save articles, and create a bookshelf with just your frequently accessed journals.
For help with setting up BrowZine, watch this short video:
EZproxy is our authentication application for remote (off-site) access to subscribed electronic resources in our collection. Using this proxy server identifies you as Ochsner staff to our online publishers to provide full-text journal and e-book access.
2. Enter the exact title and spelling of the journal or eBook. For articles, change the “Identifier” to PMID and enter the PubMed ID from the abstract. Then click search.
For journals, click on the journal link next to “Full Text Available”
For e-books, click on the link that reads “View Full Text”
For articles, click on the link that reads “View Full Text”
3. You will be prompted to log in to the proxy server. Enter your user name (just the part before @ochsner.org) and password. After logging in, you will be connected to the full text for the resource.
Please note: Access to subscribed electronic resources is only available to Ochsner faculty, staff, and employees due to publisher licensing and copyright agreements.