Mobile and Remote Access
Off-site and mobile device access to web-based resources is available for current Ochsner faculty, students, staff, and employees using the following methods.
BrowZine is an app for personal mobile devices to access journals from the Ochsner Medical Library. Use BrowZine for off-site and on-site mobile access to full-text articles from journals in our collection.
- Download the free BrowZine app to your iOS device or Android device.
- Go to your device’s settings and connect to the Ochsner WiFi network (OHSGUEST). You must be on-site at Ochsner to perform this step.
- Open the BrowZine app, select 'Ochsner Medical Library' from the list of libraries, and then register an account. You must first complete this one-time registration of your device on-site before off-site access is enabled.
For help with setting up BrowZine, watch this short video:
EZproxy is our authentication application for remote (off-site) access to subscribed electronic resources in our collection. Using this proxy server identifies you as Ochsner staff to our online publishers to provide full-text journal and e-book access.
- To get started, click on the link below for the preferred resource. It is most helpful to know the exact title of the resource.
Browse our Journals A to Z collection
Browse our e-Books A to Z collection
- Use the A to Z navigation to find the resource you want. Then click on the resource title to open the Item Detail view.
For journals, click on the link next to “Full Text Available”
For e-books, click on the link that reads “View Full Text”
- You will be prompted to log in to the proxy server. Enter your user name (your entire Ochsner email address) and password. After logging in, you will be connected to the desired resource.
Please note: Access to subscribed electronic resources is only available to Ochsner faculty, staff, and employees due to publisher licensing and copyright agreements.