Candidates must have one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada within the past 5 years.
- Graduate from an accredited college of osteopathic medicine in the United States within the past 5 years.
- Graduates of schools outside of the United States or Canada who have graduated within the past 5 years must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Must have a currently valid ECFMG certificate.
- Must meet medical licensing requirements as defined by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Prefer applicant to have at least one year of clinical experience in the United States.
- Must hold a J-1 visa, or Permanent Residency in the United States.
Yes, the only way that one can enter the Ochsner Diagnostic Radiology program is to apply through ERAS and participate in the Match.
Five (5) positions per year.
Application deadline is November 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 1, 2021 for the 2020-2021 recruitment season. Interviews will be held October 2021 through December 2021. Interview invitations will be sent via Interview Broker. Applications received after November 15 may be considered if the applicant contacts the program manager directly. Kathy Dixon firstname.lastname@example.org
- ERAS form
- Scanned Photograph
- Dean's Letter
- 3 additional letters of recommendation
- Official Medical School transcripts
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- Personal statement
We prefer to see Step 1 and Step 2 scores, but it is not mandatory to that you have Step 2 for your application.
We do not have a cut-off score, although most have at least average scores and pass on the first try. While scores are considered, we always look at the entire application. Other attributes can overcome low scores.
Yes, we are a categorical program and provide the clinical year of training which consists of internal medicine, one month of ICU and 2 months of radiology. Ochsner Internal Medicine holds 5 spots for our program. A separate interview is not required. The clinical year is an ACGME requirement for all diagnostic radiology residency training programs.
No. However, you must meet all ECFMG requirements PRIOR to the start of your residency on July1.
Ochsner accepts J-1 visas only.
Interviews for the 2021-2022 interview season will be held virtually per AAMC recommendation. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom and will include a welcome and overview from our Program Director. You will have 5 interviews which include the Program Director, one Chief Resident and 3 staff radiologists. Interviews will be approximately 15 minutes in length. During breaks between interviews, our residents will be available to answer questions.