Candidates for admission to any of Ochsner Health's residency and fellowship programs must have one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada within the past 5 years.
- Graduate from an accredited college of osteopathic medicine in the United States within the past 5 years.
- Graduates of schools outside of the United States or Canada who have graduated within the past 5 years must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Must have a currently valid ECFMG certificate.
- Must meet medical licensing requirements as defined by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Prefer applicant to have at least 1 year clinical experience in the United States.
- Must hold a J-1 visa, or Permanent Residency in the United States.